Why choose Attorney Davidson
With so many immigration lawyers who want your business, it's becoming very difficult to choose the right lawyer for your case. There are several considerations when selecting an immigration attorney:
1. Experience: How long has the attorney been practicing immigration law? While length of time is not the only consideration, try to work with more seasoned attorneys
2. Specialization: Does the attorney spend most of her time in Immigration or does she practice in 5 or 6 different areas. In any profession, the more specialized, the better.
3. Concentration: Ask the attorney if he concentrates on any particular area of immigration law... especially the area of your case. For example, if you are getting married and need an immigration attorney to file your marriage package (I-130, I-485, G-325A) you might ask if the attorney does a lot of family work as opposed to investment work.
4. Education: Is the person really an attorney? There are many non-attorneys claiming to be "consultants." When choosing an attorney, make sure you avoid immigration consultants. They have no formal education, they are not regulated, and they often make terrible mistakes.
5. Credentials: Ask to see the attorney's credentials. Every lawyer should have a "bar card" with his license number on it. Additionally, most lawyers have their degree hanging on the wall. Look for it.
6. Fees: Many clients call 10 lawyers looking for the least expensive and then hire the one who gives them the best deal. This a bad idea. First of all, highly skilled, consistantly busy attorneys are never the cheapest on the list. Yes, cheap lawyers will be busy, but they are usually unskilled with unsatisfied clients. Ask around. You rarely need the most expensive on the list, although sometimes it's necessary, but normally the middle is about right. Just remember, lawyers who have work, who are successful, who win cases, who have happy clients, who get referrals, tend to charge more than lawyers who make their money from being the cheapest.
7. Feeling: If you feel that something is wrong, something probably is wrong. Listen to that feeling. There are a lot of immigration lawyers. Move on. On the other hand, if you feel comfortable, you feel taken care of, that's a big deal too.
If you need help choosing an immigration attorney (or any other attorney), use the 7 steps listed above. It should give you a great guide in the right direction. For further clarification, call us at 626-698-9800.
Consider choosing Mr. Davidson for the following reasons:
- Nearly 20 years of legal experience
- practice limited to immigration
- practice concentrated on asylum cases
- excellent legal education
- able to practice immigration law in all 50 states
- appropriate and reasonable
7. Trust your feelings
- meet attorney Davidson and follow your feelings